Saturday, December 23, 2017

Joy's Apple Crumble


Joy's Apple Crumble

Chip 

Joy came to visit Michelle and I one time years ago, long before the kids were born, and showed me how to make apple crumble.   Its really easy to make, and  tastes great, and I have had friends take this recipe from me and use it for themselves.    I can't say that this is the recipe she gave me, but its the one I remember that has evolved from her, and whatever modifications I have made from hers were made mostly for my convenience.

Ingredients

  • 4 or 5 apples - any kind will do
  • a little water
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 stick of butter
  • maybe a little cinnamon, a little vanilla
  • 1 8 X 8 or 9 X 9 baking dish, 1 bowl for mixing crumble

Instructions

  • Peel and slice apples into baking dish
  • go to sink. add a little bit of water, sprinkle some cinnamon on top if you want 
  • in bowl, add the sugar flour, and melted butter, then mix into a crumble
  • add vanilla 
  • pour crumble on top of apples
  • put in oven or toaster oven  at F350 for 1/2 hour, or lightly brown on top
  • Let cool a little
  • Enjoy!  Great with ice cream or cool whip on top

No comments:

Post a Comment